Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I am meeting with the CEO of the Disney Travel Company tomorrow

Tomorrow will see me on a whistle-stop trip to Toronto at the invitation of the Walt Disney Travel company, to meet with Randy Garfield, the CEO of the Walt Disney Travel Company and Executive VP of Worldwide Sales and Travel Operations for Disney Destinations...

Our agency and a handful of other travel agencies (mostly from the Toronto area) were invited, based on our sales numbers. Despite the fairly small size of our agency, our Disney sales are among the highest in Canada, apparently (perhaps understandably, due to our family travel target market)...

Although Mr Garfield has visited the Toronto Disney travel sales office before, usually to meet with Disney staff and travel wholesalers, this is the first time that he has asked to meet the "front-line" travel agents, to get our take on selling Disney, so we feel suitably honoured to be invited.

We have some questions to ask, and hopefully will learn some good things from this meeting. Any good stuff I will report here on my blog (as well as probably on our regular website - www.letstakethekidstravel.com)

I am traveling by train tomorrow, and will get a chance to try out the wi-fi internet service on the Via train on my way, so if any of my clients have any questions or comments that you would like to see if I could put to Mr Garfield, please add your comments below!

No comments: